Typography with brush pen

Our actions build our world.
It is quite true that whatever we think we build. I am talking of Typography brush perspective pattern. 
Now, before I go into my routine I started to jot down few words that I got or rather I picked few words. And then I started to put down on the paper. Writing is essential for your mind will respond accordingly. So, I did and then with my sharpie pen and the colored pencils I wrote the caption and drew the words into a parallelogram shaped frame.


What is Calligraphy ?
Now in my school days I used to have a Fountain pen which used to hold a syringe and that used to release the ink and from the nib I could write. But that was just writing. And otherwise we had to fill the ink required. Calligraphic pens were  a bit different they had a flatter base and broader edge nibs. Due to thickness they are meant for  projects and stylized writing.The above picture is when I was practising with s normal sketch pen.  The words were  alright but did not feel that they were stylized like you see nowadays.  But I liked this print as I could just maneouvre in the thickness and I could also use  my Art brush pen.

Brush pen can also be used for Calligrahic designs, drawing, bullet journalling, watercolor, brush coloring illustrations and so much more. Faux calligraphy is the right way to start writing. It builds on skills that we have and also with the tools that we carry pen, ink and the brushes. All you need is to pay attention to how we write. Its holding the pen in the right way not putting any pressure but going very smoothly on the paper. In calligraphy one fundamental principle is how do we write upward and downward cases ie : Upstrokes and Downstrokes. The downstrokes are thicker and darker while the upstrokes are thinner and lighter. Don't be afraid to repeat the steps. If you want you color in the area  between the lines. I went thick downstroke and curls in my upstrokes. 

Can you write Faux calligraphy to Real calligraphy?

Yes, you can do it that too with a simple Crayola marker.  With this marker its easy to write with  a consistent  downstrokes, apply shading and then go lighter upstrokes. Study fundamental strokes and this writing gives a good practice developing control over writing and building muscle memory which is an important part in Calligraphy. Grab you practice sheets and start writing the calligraphic way.



Instead of squandering on writing too much just walk away or concentrate on other activities. This will give our nerves too relax and enjoy our work. 

Congratulations !!! You have a new hobby.

Thank you for your time. 

Cheers !!!

GCB 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Abstract watercolor Zentangles composition

Floral painting