Book cover


                   Book cover 
This project is on the Graphic designs for making beautiful Book covers.

I had a painting project for which I was trying out some color blending. The colors were orange, red and yellow.

So,I decided to draw it's pattern tile and I got this one 

then, I made a repeat pattern 
What one thinks it's some kind of a geometric sequence. Then I was trying to make a book cover. 

Now, book cover is not simply making some design and same is uploaded on the book. It should be a combination of book and inside story of the book and the design. When I made a design I had a wonderful idea that I would be interested in. 

Sounds great !
I thought and then I started to sketch out a title and the sub title. Title was the book name and sub title was the author. Now, the author name would be interesting and worth for the reader to know. So I finally got everything done before the final print of the cover.

Book cover includes other essential elements besides the book's title and author name. it include a subtitle, images, series number. Now, let's not into the details of the book itself. When you click in the Canvas site you can see number of book covers for your reference. They have a wonderful picture that is the main image which gives you the idea what the story is about. Then you immediately move your vision on the main title of the story. And the storyline about the description of where and when you can find them. But for the most important thing is the story narrator is typed in one case lower than the main title. Then is the back part of the book giving you some idea on what the story is based. The image which is from the front of the book till the end cover, which is covering the spine. The fonts or letters which is normally in basic Arial font. Which is also very simple and readeable to the viewers. So, if you project all the necessary elements on the book they are often the first point of contact between the reader and the book. You don't need to overwhelm your readers with a loud, jam-packed design. A cover has the power to communicate the book's genre, tone, and theme, as well as to pique the reader's interest.  You should give a reader only what they want to read. 

Marketing is a visual representation of the story within, a key factor in attracting readers. When I see a book library I just get some pictures in my mind and then when I go to the main aisle of the book I pick up that book which satisfy me with the image, color, the title,  author, and the finisher that is the back cover story which generalizes the storyline. And, there it is it's picked up and read for favorite reading program.

Book Design
A riveting title for the book. ...
An evocative subtitle. ...
Interesting typography. ...
Coherent cover design and layout. ...
Endorsements and reviews. ...
A well-placed author bio. ...
An eye-catching spine.

Now, that reminds me to create more design or say the covers which are viewers eye catching one's.

Thank you and I appreciate you giving your time and support in visiting my ipage blog. 

See you next week. Stay safe.

Happy weekend !

Cheers, 
Gcb studios 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Abstract watercolor Zentangles composition

Floral painting